The Mall & Literary Walk
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where does the tour start and end? Each tour begins in front of The Arsenal, just down the stairs into Central Park located at the corner of 5th Avenue and East 64th Street. The Arsenal is in same part of the park as the famous Central Park Zoo and many of our guests choose to visit the zoo before taking the tour. The tour ends on the west side of the park at The American Museum of Natural History on 81st Street and Central Park West. Your guide will be able to help you with transportation options.
- Do I need to have a voucher or printout with me? It depends on how you booked the tour. If you book through our website, you will not need a voucher. The tour guide will know to expect you. Some of our ticket partners require us to collect vouchers and some do not.
- What should I wear for the tour? Weather appropriate clothing with a good pair of comfortable walking shoes. We do lots of walking over varied terrain and we move fairly quickly at times.
- Should I bring anything? An umbrella wouldn’t hurt. Weather can change very quickly and while it may appear sunny, it could be raining by the end of your tour.
- Is the tour handicap accessible? No. Central Park was built in 1858 long before handicap accessibility. There are several steps, some unpaved paths and hills. Unfortunately it is not possible to take the tour in a wheelchair.
- Are children allowed on the tour? Children are allowed on the tour but parents will be responsible for ensuring that their child is well behaved. Crying, whining, rough-housing, and rowdiness will not be permitted. The tours have a relaxing and for some romantic quality and if the guide feels that this is being disrupted, they may ask you to leave the group. A refund will not be issued.
- How long is the tour? Approximately two and a half hours.
- Is there a lot of walking involved? Yes. There will be lots of walking and we will move at a brisk pace. The tour involves approximately 2.5 miles of walking and 27 stops. Do not book the tour if you think you will be unable to keep up with the tour group.
- Is there a bathroom break on the tour? Yes. However it is in the middle of the tour so it is best to use a bathroom before the tour begins. There is a bathroom in on the ground floor of The Arsenal but it closes at 5pm so if your tour begins after 5pm, you won’t be able to use it.
- How can I book my tour? At present, the only way to book a ticket is through our website by clicking the “Book a Tour” link. Then click on one of the links next to your preferred tour date.
- How can I best get in touch with you? If your question is not answered in this FAQ, please email [email protected]. Someone will get back to you in a timely manner.
- What if it rains/snows? Typically, our tours run rain or shine. We will not run our tour if there a severe thunderstorm or severe weather warning. Similarly if New York City issues an emergency alert regarding park safety, we will not run our tour. Otherwise, in the case of light rain or snow fall without the presence of lightening, the tour will run as scheduled. If a tour is canceled we will do our best to notify those who have reserved tickets and a full refund will be issued. Over the years we’ve learned it’s impossible to predict the weather. As we’re answering this question, there are some appropriate examples: yesterday’s tour was supposed to be rainy, instead we had a beautiful sunny evening. On Saturday we canceled a tour due to a severe storm warning, the storm passed before the tour began and tourists that came to the city from elsewhere were not able to enjoy what would have been a perfectly nice tour. So, we’ve learned that it’s best to have a rain or shine policy. We do give the tour guide the right to cancel the tour (refunds or exchange dates will be issued) if upon arrival conditions are unbearable. However, in the past two years, our tour guides have never arrived at a tour and canceled it as we usually cancel for high winds, or lightening which seem to be good indications of an unbearable storm.
- Can I cancel my reservation? Yes. If you notify us within 72 hours (3 days of your tour) We will issue a refund minus a $5 reservation fee, this covers credit card fees we incur. Please email [email protected] to request a refund.
- Is gratuity (a tip) included in the price of the tour? No. They are not included in the price of the tour. If you enjoy your the tour, it is customary to tip your guide.
- Do you offer private tours or group discounts? Yes. Please email [email protected] for details.
- What happens if I show up late? Because our tours are scheduled to coincide with the setting of the sun, our tour guides are not able to wait for latecomers. We recommend arriving early. We will not offer refunds to guests that miss the tour. Again, please arrive with ample time.
- Do I need PayPal to book a ticket? No. PayPal is merely our credit card processor. Simply click the link that says pay with your debit or credit card, or with Bill Me Later and you will be given the option to enter a credit card.